Saturday, October 13, 2012

The final hours

     The 2012 Prairie Fire Marathon starts in a little more than 13 hours. I picked up my race bib and bag at the Fit for Life Expo at Century II this afternoon, and that's when the anxiety started to hit me a little bit. Up to this point I haven't been nervous or anxious about the race, but these last remaining hours have changed that. I have been thinking in my head about all of the miles and months of training that have gone into this one thing. Excitement, however, is what I am really feeling. I don't anticipate getting too much sleep tonight because my thoughts will be going crazy thinking about tomorrow morning.
     I woke up this morning and ran four fairly easy miles. I ran some errands with my mom around town, but did very little walking (at least as little as I could). Now I am going to have some pasta and two slices of toast, and then I will lay down to rest, and hopefully sleep.
     My alarm is set to go off at 5:30 a.m. The race starts at 8 a.m., so I want to give myself plenty of time to get up and moving, eat a little bit of oatmeal and honey and a small cup of black coffee, and to make sure I have plenty of time to arrive at the starting line.
     See you on the other side!
     -LoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment